El Centro Public Library is partnering with California State Parks and the California State Library to offer free State Parks vehicle-day use passes, available for circulation at all branches of public libraries in California.
The goal of the passes is to support parks access equity, removing economic barriers to Californians’ park visits, and that they should be made available to those that need it or may not be using parks already.
To learn more about parks, visit the Parks website.
Pass Validity & Term:
- The pass is valid for entry of one passenger vehicle with capacity of nine people or less or one highway licensed motorcycle at participating state park units.
- Passes will be valid at 200+ participating state park units. The pass will not be honored at state park units operated by federal or local government and private agencies or concessionaires, or at parks that do not require a vehicle day-use pass, such as marine areas or kayak-in parks.
- The pass is not valid for per-person entry or tour fees (such as museums), boat use, camping, group use or sites, special events, additional/extra vehicle fees, sanitation disposal use or for supplemental fees.
A map showing all library outlets in California, as well as all State Parks that accept the pass or are free to access, is coming soon. For more information about pass validity and terms, visit checkoutCAstateparks.com.
Circulation guidelines are:
- One pass per patron at a time
- Checkout period of 3 weeks
For more information https://www.library.ca.gov/grants/parks-pass/faq/