Proclamations are ceremonial documents to honor, celebrate or create awareness of an event or significant issue. It is the policy of the Mayor and/or the City Manager to issue proclamations for one of the following:
• Public awareness campaigns for issues within the City, County and region
• 501(c)(3) Non-profit organizations
• To honor an individual, an organization, recognize a special event or a special day such as major birthdays (100+) and anniversary milestone (75+), month or year
• For Arts and cultural celebrations within the City of El Centro
• Special honors (on the recommendation of the Mayor or members of the Council)
• Outstanding Community Service (individual, groups and/or organizations).
How do you request a proclamation?
All requests must be made in writing via email, hand-delivered, faxed or sent by U.S. mail.
If you have a question, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 760-337-4540.