The El Centro Fire Department is a public safety organization with a mission to protect life, property and the environment through its mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery actions. The Fire Department staffs 3 fire stations, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a minimum of 10 personnel. Each station runs 1 Paramedic Assessment Unit and cross staffs additional rescue apparatus. ECFD is currently budgeted for 3 non-sworn staff members and 40 sworn positions. The department is currently comprised of the following :
- Station 1 – 775 State St.
- Station 2 – 900 S. Dogwood Ave.
- Station 3 – 1910 N. Waterman Ave.
- Fire Engines – 5
- Aerial Apparatus (75′ Quint) – 1
- Rescue Squad – 2
- Mobile Air Machine
- OES Urban Search and Rescue Type 2 Trailer
- Hazardous Material Response Unit (Countywide Unit)